A Visual Guide to Philippine Fauna is an adventuresome field guide on the country’s animal life. It aims to give both the young and the young at heart a complete picture of the country’s endemic wildlife, their distribution, and their conservation status.
The book is replete with vivid images of actual animals in the wild, and comes with basic information and interesting trivia about Philippine fauna, including the scientific and local name, habitat, diet, and way of life of each species.
The book is divided into the following chapters:
- The Beginning of Aguila’s Quest: Animalopedia
- The Journey to Mammal Land: Mammals in the Philippines
- In Search of a Bird Sanctuary: Birds in the Philippines
- Herpetofauna in Peril: Reptiles and Amphibians in the Philippines
- The Plight of Marine Life: Fish in the Philippines
- A Closer Look at the World of Butterflies: Butterflies in the Philippines
- The Breathtaking Stopover: Key Biodiversity Areas in the Philippines
- Facing the Dangers that Abound: Endangered Species in the Philippines
- Gearing up for the Real-life Quest: Wildlife Conservation and Protection
About the Collection
Referencia Moderna's Visual Guide Series is a collection of brilliantly illustrated reference books for young readers. With fun facts, trivia, and images, these new reference titles will help nurture the children’s love for the country, their cultural identity, as well as their love for reading.
Exciting games and activities are also embedded at the end of every chapter of each book to provide an interactive experience to the readers. A Visual Guide to Manila-Acapulco Galleons pioneered the launch of this series in 2019. Other books include: A Visual Guide to Philippine Food, A Visual Guide to Philippine Flora, A Visual Guide to Philippine Games, A Visual Guide to Philippine Pre-Colonial Philippines, A Visual Guide to Philippine Geography, and A Visual Guide to Philippine Folklore.
About the author
Jastine Isabelle C. Rosit graduated cum laude with a degree in communication arts from De La Salle University-Manila and pursued further studies in development communications. She is an animal welfare advocate and enjoys creative writing in her free time.
A Visual Guide to Philippine Fauna
136 pages ; 21.59 cm x 27.94 cm